Saturday, March 18, 2023

23 Hard Things in 2023

 I am quite pleased with the goals that I established as I was entering this new year. Those goals may be a little rough but are representative of where I am at and where I want to go. Last week, however, I stumbled upon some inspiration for a new expression of goals. I found an Instagram page in which the woman shared her "23 Hard Things in 2023." She began this notion last year as she was struggling to come out of a deep depression. She challenged herself to do the hard things. She began with challenging herself to brush her hair everyday, then made a list of "22 Hard Things in 2022." I was inspired by her story and this format of goal setting was intriguing. I decided to come up with my own list of hard things to tackle this year. Most of the goals dovetail with my previously expressed goals, then I've added a couple of little lifestyle enhancements.

"23 Hard Things in 2023"

1.) Write 12 snail mail letters.

2). Initiate three dates with the hubby.

3). Purge 1200 items.

4). Read 48 books.

5). 12 of the 48 books read need to be books I own.

6). Have one adventure per month.

7). Make and maintain a minimum of six monthly journals.

8). Make a minimum of 36 blog entries.

9). Repair camera.

10). Repair mandolin and learn one song.

11). Dance

12). Learn to tiptoe. (move like a child!)

13). Learn to skip. (move like a child!)

14). Do one cartwheel, although a round off will do. (move like a child!)

15). Remove tree from front yard.

16). Repair front porch stairs.

17). Write letter to Carole's mother.

18). Take vitamins a minimum of 275 days of the year.

19) Floss teeth a minimum of 275 days of the year.

20). Track expenditures a minimum of 275 days of the year.

21) Do not go to Andy's alone.

22). Try 15 new smoothie, salad, or vegetarian recipes.

23). Complete at least 75% of Balancing the Sword, Volume One.


Some of these goals intimidate a bit with the consistency that will be required to succeed. Some of the goals make my chest tighten with anxiety. Other goals make me a little giddy with excitement. It will be a challenging year doing all the hard things!

No comments:

Post a Comment