Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Rogue with Christian and Sarah

Yesterday I had a most wonderful opportunity to spend significant time with my eldest, Christian. We spent over six hours together as we attended the Sarah Palin "Going Rogue" book signing. We stood in line outside of Borders Bookstore for 2 hours in order to get our wristband that would allow us entrance into the book signing. Took an hour break at IHOP in order to warm up and get a little sustenance. Then back to Borders to await Sarah Palin's arrival and the beginning of the book signing. Four hours later, triumphant, with signed books in hand we departed the store. I love doing things like this with Christian. Politics is one interest we have in common. And spending this much time with him alone allows me to really touch bases with him. I love conversing with him and I love learning from him. It is exhilarating to me. I wish that I had pictures to post but I did not bring my camera. I was ill-prepared for the event. Christian did take some photos on his camera prior to his battery dying and I might be able to post those later. There are a slew of photos at News-Leader.com but none of Christian and I directly. (By the way, the camera situation for this event is similar to the one we experienced at the Palin Rally prior to the election. My batteries were dead on my camera so I relied on Christian to take pictures on his cell phone. Not the best choice during such a large event. He tried and tried to get close enough to take pictures but...) This book signing event was in part significant because we respect Sarah Palin and her contribution to the political scene. It was also significant because Sarah Palin's rally was the first political rally Christian attended, she was on the first presidential ticket that Christian voted for, and her book was the first political book that Christian purchased himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment