Sunday, February 21, 2010

February Fun

I began the month by altering the decorations on my porch. I needed something a little more romantic in honor St. Valentine's Day so I turned to coffee filters...naturally. I created this wreath with tea-stained coffee filters, a styrofoam wreath base, and corsage pins.



I also used the coffee filters and some dictionary pages to create flowers to go in the 'window box' alongside some dried hydrangeas. I was pleased with how it turned out. It set a nice romantic tone.




And then comes St. Valentine's Day...

Vintage valentines...



...around the base of a cake stand...

...that holds a cheesecake shipped in from Chicago...

...that was obviously very yummy!!!


Did you notice the vintage-esque decorative pics?


But we had to eat our dinner before we could have our dessert.
Herb had deep-dish pizza shipped in from Chicago.
This was sooooooo good!!!

It was enjoyed by all!


Happy Valentine's Day!


Then comes the final festivity to be had until Resurrection Day...Shrove Tuesday.
A simple but yummy meal - pancakes, sausage, stuffed strawberries, and chocolate milk.

Good company and good times.
We are now prepared to enter the more somber and reflective Lenten season.

No comments:

Post a Comment