Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh, I haven't done this in so long...too long


Camping...it has been so long since I have gone camping.
And, to be honest, it would have been a lot longer if Bishop's
cub scout den hadn't gone on a camp out.


Camping is not entirely foreign to me but, as stated before, it has been so long.
Fortunately, Bishop and I were camping with some who were quite experienced.
They helped us set up our tent, taught Bishop how to build a campfire
and how to make a yummy hobo dinner.

Around the campfire that evening, Bishop and the other boys entertained us with stories and dramatizations. And I had an opportunity to contribute my "expertise" to the camp out - I supplied the s'more fixings: giant marshmallows and chocolate marshmallows, graham crackers and granola thins, chocolate bars and reese's, and more. They were a huge hit.


After surviving a rather cool evening, Bishop completed his Outdoorsman Badge



and his Readyman Badge.


If I had to do it all over again I would take more bedding and a better flashlight but...
I would do it all over again.


We had such a great time!
Bishop and I were questioning why our family doesn't do any camping.
And I can't help but wonder why it took me so long to go camping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment