Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Lifestyle of Learning 2023 Edition: Volume 11

 November 1 - 15

"To conclude, therefore, let no man out of weak conceit of sobriety, or in ill applied moderation, think or maintain, that a man can search too far or be too well studied in the book of God's word, or in the book of God's works." - Francis Bacon


I have read Beyond the Limelight: Some Pioneer Recollections of Missouri and Oklahoma, Johnston's Shut -Ins State Park by Harry H. Johnston; How Should We Then Live by Francis Schaeffer; and The Raven and Other Favorite Poems by Edgar Allan Poe.

- I am listening  to these podcasts: Let's Talk Memoir, X22, Zone 7, The Hillside Strangler, Devil Town, The Fall Line, Witnessed: Fade to Black, Dark Valley, The Snake River Killer, and Gone South.



- I have continued to do some weightlifting.

- I've been dancing!



- I am taking Hillsdale's online course The Genesis Story: Reading Biblical Narratives.


- I went for a walk at the botanical gardens. I got some exercise and made some seasonal natural observations.


- I did more public speaking. It does get easier the more I do it.


- I am reading Home-Making by J.R. Miller, Heroes of the City of Man by Peter Leithart, The Children's Homer: The Adventures of Odysseus and the Tales of Troy by Padraic Colum, Off the Beaten Path: Nevada, Roll of Thunder, and Hear My Cry by Mildred Taylor.



No comments:

Post a Comment