Sunday, September 6, 2009

Finally Taking the Plunge

So, here I am, finally taking the plunge into the blogosphere. For about five years my husband has attempted to persuade me to write a blog. However, I hesitated because I was intimidated by the process due to the fact that I am largely computer illiterate and because I was uncertain as to what I would write about. But now I have been inspired. In regards to the first matter I was inspired by my 10 year old son who figured out how to begin a blog and add posts, pictures, and you tube videos completely unassisted. The process seemed fairly self-explanatory and if I had any difficulties I could call on my son for a little help. In regards to the second concern, inspiration came from all the bloggers out there. There is such a wide variety of blogs available and I follow many different types - those with urban homesteads, those that discuss politics, those that homeschool and those that simply chronicle the life of a family. With those as inspiration I begin. So, what is the purpose of my blog?
1) To chronicle the life of my family thus allowing me to share daily happenings with family and friends and any others who might be interested. Doing this would also allow our family to reflect back upon our lives much in the same way that journals and scrapbooks do.
2) To clarify my thoughts, prioritize my ideas and to provide some accountability for myself. The process of determining what to write about, to include in my posts, will help me determine what is most important to me. It will sharpen my focus, encourage a more defined vision. I am also hoping that by committing my ideas and plans to print I will be even more motivated to follow through with them. I am a well-intentioned, ambitious at heart, person but often fall incredibly short. Voicing my thoughts and plans to others and believing that someone may be interested in the outcome will encourage me to follow through.
3) To provide inspiration for others. I have been so incredibly inspired by all those bloggers who have shared their lives with me. Is it possible that I could inspire someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment