Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sickies in the House Today


Bishop is sick today. I am assuming it is the flu. I am doing my best to create a peaceful atmosphere, allow for rest, encourage fluid intake, and increase vitamin C and restrict sugar consumption. I have made him a comfortable temporary bed so that I may keep a close eye on him and I dole out lots of hugs and snuggles. I enjoy what the book "Festival, Family and Food" has to say about preparing for convalescence. And I find what Lynn at http://raisinglittleshoots.blogspot.com/ had to say about 'special soothing traditions' to be both timely and inspiring. I am encouraged to develop more of these type of traditions for our family. Are there special foods and drinks that you serve to your convalescing? Do you have a special box of activities or special books to read that you reserve for those who are sick in your family? What do you do with those children that aren't sick that occupies them while maintaining a peaceful, healing atmosphere?

No comments:

Post a Comment