Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend or Two Reasons Why I Love This City

If I haven't said it before I sure wish that I had, "I love the city that I live in." This city is so family-friendly which makes it such a delight to be raising my family here. We have a superb library system, a great park board, community theatres, minor league professional sports, universities with special events, and a host of family-friendly activities that are free to cheap. Here is an example, our local arts alliance hosts a free art day six times a year. It provides the boys an opportunity to interact with the community while exploring the arts. There are usually three activities for them to do and an art exhibition to view. I believe that I have shared photos from this event before and below are some from the latest event that took place this last Saturday.






As previously stated, our local parks are pretty cool. In our parks we have fountains to play in, pools to splash in, hiking trails, bike trails and playgrounds, free concerts and family movies. a farmers market, creeks and ponds to observe wildlife in, and a cave to explore. So on Sunday we took advantage of one of our local parks. We opted to worship our Lord and Savior in the midst of his creation. We did a devotional and went hiking. It was 'centering' and allowed us some great time to bond with Dad.




Don't ask me what Maceo is doing in this photo but it makes me laugh and allows you to see a sliver of the cave opening.




Maceo taking a breather after scaling the rock outcropping that is a steep slippery slope and has poor footing.

My handsome boy.

Dad and Bishop traveling side-by-side on their adventure.

Thank you, Lord, for family and health, for sunshine and all the miracles that are Your creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment