Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bishop!!!

Happy 11th Birthday to my wonderful baby boy, Bishop!
(Shhh, don't let him know that I referred to him as my baby. He takes offense to that these days but all you parents know where I am coming from on this one. Even as I encourage him to grow and become a man, he will always be my baby).

I wonder what wishes he makes just before he blows out his candles.
I know that I wish for him a life lived with purpose, the kind of purpose that comes from living life according to God's will, in obedience to his plan.
As cliche as I might seem, I wish for him a life full of love and joy.
And, it is my daily prayer that he will be a godly boy who will grow to be a godly man, husband, and father.
The wishes of a mother...


As is our custom, we celebrated Bishop's birthday with a simple family celebration in which the birthday boy gets to make the dinner menu.
This year's menu was a mexican bar with flour tortillas, corn tortillas fried into taco and tostado shells, two different types of spicy meat filling and one that was less spicy, two different types of beans, homemade salsa, cheese, and the other accoutrements.
For dessert we had a cream cheese pie and ice cream sundaes.


Stuffed and satisfied from our meal, we then moved on to gift giving.
Bishop received a five-in-one tool kit for his 72-hour pack.
He also received a watch that went to Iraq with Dad.
A special gift for a special boy!


We love you, Bishop, and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment