Saturday, August 16, 2014

Last Weeks Frugal Accomplishments

*52 Week Savings Plan:  Still at $20.  It was so much easier to get in to the groove at the beginning of the year then it is now.  Why?!?

*Christmas Jar of Change:  $1.98 will be added to the jar's previous total of $111.62 for a new total of $113.60.

*Favorite Frugal Accomplishments:

-Remember that soda we purchased for .79 with a coupon from the fair?  Well, we had use for it this week and it was nice to have it on hand.  The boys were invited to a party and I wanted them to take something to the gathering.  So I had them grab a bottle of soda and a couple of packages of microwaveable popcorn that just weren't getting used by us.  The contribution was appreciated!

-I turned off the thermostat every chance I got.

-I made enormous progress on getting that freezer cleared out.  I found smoked sausages and hot dogs in there that Bishop grilled up.  The ice cream is just about gone.  The smoothie packs are getting used.   The last two chicken breasts were used for quesadillas. The last of the ground venison is in the fridge waiting to be turned in to chili.  Menus have centered around what has been found in that freezer and that has kept me from doing in significant grocery shopping for weeks.

-I purchased a case of blueberries highly discounted at Aldi.  I am not sure what all I will do with them but will place them in that nearly empty freezer while I decide.  I learned that the beef will not arrive for another couple of weeks so I have that long to get those berries processed.

-I was gifted a gallon of tea and a large container of vanilla greek yogurt (Thanks, Roxie!) that has really encouraged me to just stay home instead of heading to the bakery for tea and a snack.  This has helped me save money and accomplish more.  (Brandy is right on this one).




-I enjoyed a walk in one of the beautiful gardens that our city maintains.  It is relaxing, inspirational and free.

-The last of the frozen cookie dough was used to treat unexpected guests.

-I am still working my Bing Rewards and Swagbucks.  I have enough Bing Rewards for another $5 Amazon gift card and am almost there with Swagbucks.

-I purchased a gift through Shutterfly using a 50% off coupon.  Because the purchase was over $30 I was able to get free shpping.  I also got 101 free photos (truly free because I didn't have to pay the shipping).  The final bonus was that I was able to use Swagbucks shop and earn feature and will receive 180 Swagbucks for this purchase.  I love it when all the deals stack like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment