Sunday, February 18, 2018

Last Weeks Frugal Accomplishments - Using What I Have

February 11 - 17

What has happened this week?
I have been busy using what I have!



I did a LOT of scrapbooking.  I have made a lot of progress on Maceo's senior scrapbook without spending a penny.  I will soon be in need of glue sticks but I have still have plenty of paper and such.  There will be a lot more pages next week.  Awesome.

The boys and I went to the museum to scope out some cool exhibits and it was FREE!

I went by Walmart for a gallon of milk and I came out with quite a bit more.  Typically that would be a bad thing but not this time.  This time I scored - I spent $55 and I got 30 3/4 lb. meat which means I got the meat for what would be $1.78 lb. ; however, it is not all I bought for that $55.  I also got a large jar of spaghetti sauce, tomato juice, hoagie rolls, a gallon of milk, two gallons of water, four toothbrushes and four bottles of fingernail polish.  Big SCORE!!!

I kept it simple for Valentine's Day.  I did buy the requisite heart shaped donuts and pizzas.  I also bought one bag of Valentine's themed hershey's kisses.  Otherwise, I used what I have to present it in a special way.  I plated the donuts on cake plates.  I refreshed the hot chocolate bar putting everything in pretty little glass dishes.  I pulled out the white with red trim diner plates and the red cloth napkins.  Then I placed vintage valentines around the set up.  It was cute, simple, festive.

The fingernail polish was such a great deal that I went back to get a couple of bottles for my grand niece who celebrated her 6th birthday this week.  She loves to paint her nails.  So I made her very happy for only $3.  It was top line nail polish for $1 each.  I wrapped them in a small red bag with a flocked heart on it.  This bag was purchased about a decade ago (while I was living in Utah) at a post-Valentine's sale.  I tell you, I can work gift wrapping!

I have been doing some deep cleaning and found bags of sample sized products.  I am beginning to work my way through them yet am leaving some for all the trips I will be taking next month.


52-Week Challenge:  I didn't deposit anything new into this account so the balance remains $55.

Learning Jar O' Change:  The previous balance was $79.93.  To that I add $3.04 for a new balance of  $82.97.

No comments:

Post a Comment