Sunday, May 7, 2023

"Use It Up" Challenge ... Let's Keep It Up!

 I returned from my road trip with food. My mom gave me many pounds of meat - pork belly, ground pork, pork and beef ribs, pork steaks, and I don't even know what else. She also gave me frozen broccoli, cauliflower, jalapenos, onions and red bell peppers that she had put up and a load of freeze dried green bell peppers. Additionally, she gave me a whole heap of pantry items that she had salvaged, from where I am uncertain but I'm not particular. There are loads of beans, garbanzo and otherwise, tuna, almond butter, pasta, hominy, canned veggies, salsa, English muffins, eggs and more. So, with this 'free to me' haul, I am going to press on with my 'use it up' challenge. I will, of course, purchase perishables. This seems like a good time to use my grocery money to stock up on household items. Let's see if I can get ahead of the game!

*********************************

 April 25: B- eggs and English muffin; L/D- tacos.

April 26: B- boiled eggs, Bishop's bread, tangerine; L- 1/2 bologna sandwich, charcuterie; D- green chile chicken enchiladas. Fridge = 2.

April 27: B- boiled eggs, Bishop's bread, tangerine; L- leftover green chile chicken enchiladas; D- tostada; Snack- English muffin with damson plum jelly. Fridge = 3.

April 28: B- boiled eggs, Bishop's bread, tangerine; Snack- work supplied donut, banana; L- charcuterie; D- scrambled eggs, sausage, English muffin. Fridge = 2.

April 29: B- fried eggs, English muffin; L- quesadilla with refried black beans and Mama's salsa. D- Applebees.

April 30: B- Panera breakfast sandwich; L- ramen with scrambled eggs and mushrooms; D- short ribs, grits, and roasted carrots.

May 1: B- corn flakes; L- breakfast burrito; Snack- peanut buster parfait; D- philly cheesesteaks. Pantry= 2; Freezer = 2.

May 2: B- sausage, eggs, English muffin with plum jelly; L- ramen with egg and mushrooms; D- quesadilla with homemade salsa.

Total Pantry = 2

Total Fridge = 7

Total Freezer = 2


I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment