Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Welcome to our house and
welcome to our Halloween celebration!


I have such fond memories of school holiday parties; it was exciting to get to do something other than the routine. For Halloween, I remember the costume parade and the fun food.
When Christian and Keegan were in elementary school I typically volunteered to help with the Halloween party and I would try to come up with some clever little treat to bring. I hope they have fond memories of those parties. In hopes that Maceo and Bishop will have similar fond memories I like to have a little party at home.


In the past we have bobbed for apples and I have made ghoulish foods and glowing punch.
I didn't plan so well this year so I settled for something simple - Papa Murphy's Jack-o-Lantern pizza and Krispy Kreme Halloween donuts.


Fun food, lively conversation, and laughter
-it seems to have been enjoyed by all!


Inspired by the jack-o-lantern pizza,
Bishop decided to make his jack-o-lantern into a
Papa Murphy's Jack-o-Lantern pizza,
complete with baking instructions.



Don't you see the pepperoni eyes, nose, and mouth?
Too cute!


The porch decorations are complete


and ready for trick-or-treaters.


Maceo opted to stay home and treat any trick-or-treaters that might come to our house.


Viking Bishop, on the other hand, anticipated raiding the neighbors candy bowls!


And, as if we needed more junk food, I treated all the boys to post-trick-or-treating 50cent corn dogs at Sonic. As for me and my family, we had a fun Halloween!
I hope that yours was fun as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment