Saturday, May 5, 2012

Artsfest 2012

Twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, the city closes down a portion of one of our downtown streets, a street conveniently located two blocks from my home, so that we can have a community event full of art, music and good food.
Today was the spring event, Artsfest, and it did not disappoint.
 The sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, and, although it was plenty warm at 89 degrees, it was not overbearingly humid.

The quality of the art was absolutely amazing!
Every artist pictured below wowed me but I was particularly in awe of the crystalline ceramics and Bauer's photography.  Bauer and I are kindred spirits, seeing the beauty in the old and the dilapidated.
Mosaics by Chad and Jill Kernodle
 
Cultivated Art by Joseph and Bridget Farmer


Incredible glass sculptures by Steve Brewster of Moon Bay Artglass Studio

Inlaid Colored Porcelain by Crow Mountain
Crystalline Ceramics by Adam Egenolf

Amazing photos by Bradley Bauer

The food  was fantastic!
A local Peruvian restaurant offered empanadas which I enjoyed while listening to some jazz.

But most enjoyable of all was watching Maceo and his troupe perform.
Among other things, they performed "We Beseech Thee"
from Godspell.
I love that song and I love watching my boy perform!
"We beseech thee!"
"Blind!" "We pray that we may see!"

"Bound!" "We pray to be made free!"
I also love that smile of his!
It was a rewarding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment