Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Blessings

Mother's Day 2012 and I am so blessed to be surrounded by the love of my family and the presence of all my guys.  In order to make my Mother's Day complete, I would have loved to have had Keegan here but I gladly accept her heartfelt best wishes and her messages of love.
(I love you, too, Keegan.  I miss you and look forward to seeing you soon!)
I was treated to grilled chicken (Herb's special recipe) made mostly by Bishop.
Herb made homemade guacamole and cole slaw and we also had corn on the cob and cobbler.
The sun was shining, a slight breeze was blowing and the temperature was perfect
for dining al fresco.
It was a lovely meal followed by a fun activity.

For years (maybe 10 or so) I have wanted the kids to make me stepping stones.
For whatever reason it has never happened until now...
I set out stones, buttons, old rusty things, and keys
(among other things), mixed the concrete, poured it into the foil pans,
and let the family have at it.

Christian working on his masterpiece...


...and his masterpiece.
He says the center pieces look like a tie fighter from Star Wars.
Bishop, being a Star Wars fan, liked that. Me too!

Maceo making his fabulous abstract masterpiece...

...and here it is.  I love it, full of many things that I absolutely love!

Bishop took his time...

...creating this mostly symmetrical masterpiece!
Isn't it fantastic?

Even Herb got in on the action.

Herb's masterpiece is entitled "Gearhead Gearry" -
isn't  this happy guy adorable?
(Thanks, honey!)

And, of course, I couldn't let the guys have all the fun.
I had imagined myself making something more abstract, like Maceo's, instead I ended up creating something very much like Bishop's.
This was so much fun and it created something that I will be blessed with for many years to come!
 Thank you to my most special blessings, my husband and my children, for making this such a special Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment