Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Thanksgiving day has arrived and the feasting begins.
We always begin our day with a bunch of goodies to graze on while we await our Thanksgiving meal.
The menu for this years grazing buffet included pumpkin bars, apples and caramel dip,
salami flowers and prosciutto crisps with goat cheese and fig jam,
and cheese straws, crackers and charcuterie,
and pumpkin dip with gingersnaps and cinnamon sugar graham crackers, chocolate covered pretzels,
and hot tea, hot chocolate, orange juice and spiced apple juice.
While grazing and keeping track of football scores we prepared a feast.
Herb fried his first Thanksgiving turkey and was served alongside stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, broccoli with cheese, cranberries, rolls, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, baklava, sparkling cider and wine.
It was a feast, indeed, and enjoyed by all!
I am so thankful for all these guys.  I am thankful that my husband is home, retired and healing.  I am thankful that I have all my boys around me for at least a short period of time.  I am thankful that my girl has such a wonderful group of friends to spend Thanksgiving with.

I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment