Sunday, July 2, 2023

Lifestyle of Learning 2023 Edition: Volume 3

 It is important to me that I challenge myself to learn and grow...

April 18- June 30

This has been a busy and challenging period of time. I have traveled which always nourishes my spirit. This trip was, however, different than any that I have taken before. It was a journey to face some old memories. I had new experiences, learned more about every area that I traveled through, and learned so very much about myself. This journey is documented in previous posts.

I continue to make significant progress in working my way through Balancing the Sword Volume One. It has motivated me to continue making my way through the Old Testament. I have finished Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes.

In addition to reading scripture, I read Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight by Sharon Heller; Girl in the Band by Kim Gordon; Genesis: Finding Our Roots by Ruth Beechik; Making Art a Practice by Cat Bennett; Agents of Babylon by David Jeremiah; The Right Words at the Right Time by Marlo Thomas and friends; A Country Year by Sue Hubbell; The Dressmakers of Auschwitz by Lucy Adlington; The Missing Treasures of Amy Ashton by Eleanor Ray; Lost Books and Old Bones by Paige Shelton; A History of the Writings of Beatrix Potter by Leslie Linder; and Blacklisted by History by M. Stanton Evans.

I played Exploding Kittens, Can't Stop, Phase 10, 42,

I went to some art galleries in New Mexico.


I made collage master boards and clusters. Interesting process.

I saw performances of Pippen and Moana Jr.

I worked out.

I photographed a wedding. I edited the wedding photos and learned how to use google drive to email them to the couple.

I went to an art museum for their Art in Bloom exhibition which involved floral arrangements and fashion designs inspired by art in the museums collection.

I saw an incredible exhibition of enameled vessels.

I visited a museum that has an incredible collection of Mimbres pottery; including the' largest and most complete collection of Mimbres materials in existence from a single prehistoric Mimbres site.'


I have continued my journaling and am doing it in an artsy style.

I watched the movie Dark Waters.

I tried my hand at monoprinting and began working with my watercolors. I also coffee dyed papers.

I attended a trivia event.

I researched JADE -justify, argue, defend, explain. 

I did the heart walk.

I listened to many podcasts: Snake River Killer, Zone 7, Still..., The Exorcist Files, Killing Dad: The Crystal Howell Story and more.

I attended  several work related meetings to include the Ownership Culture Committee meeting, Ownership Culture Steering Committee meeting, Shareholders Meeting, and the accounting huddle. These meetings expand my understanding of the place in which I work and its culture.


I saw flickers at the park. It prompted me to research woodpeckers in Missouri.


I got a basketball and went to the park before work to shoot some hoops. Its been a long time. It was a little discouraging at first. My back was so tight that I couldn't extend my arm the way that I needed and my left foot/ankle is so problematic that I couldn't jump the way that I wanted to. My back and shoulder are loosening up and am able to take better shots now. I still have a long way to go but I am thoroughly enjoying myself. So fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment