Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Our Christmas day was a beautiful day of familial fellowship. From beginning to end, it is a day that I will treasure. We spent two hours leisurely opening presents before a roaring fire. The most memorable quote coming from Christian, "You know you are getting older when you get excited about receiving practical gifts." This said after receiving t-shirts, boxers and a belt in his stocking. Herb fed the kiddos french toast and made me a huevos rancheros-esque dish. The kids enjoyed their gifts while I set out our snacks and prepared our dinner. The menu: ham with a maple glaze, cranberry chutney, mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce, family favorite green beans, crescents, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and Keegan's special recipe apple pie and ice cream. It was particularly wonderful to have Keegan with me in the kitchen. I missed her presence at Thanksgiving and will surely miss her kitchen companionship at Easter. Dinner was relaxed, the conversation was engaging, and the food was delicious. We ended the evening by watching The Nativity Story. It was the first time that we had watched this film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I enjoyed the day's focus on family, I thought that it was important to return our focus to the birth of our Saviour. Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment