Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections and Resolutions

The year 2010 is nearly over and a new year is upon us. At transitions such as this I always feel compelled to reflect on where we have been, what we have done, and what we have experienced and anticipate where we hope to go, and what we hope to do and experience. Keegan has had a life-changing year; beginning with the AMTC event that allowed her to make new and encouraging contacts in the entertainment industry and ending with her moving to California in order to pursue a part in that industry. Throughout the year she worked diligently at her job as a receptionist at a spa and salon so that she could make this dream come true. She also modeled for Southern Bride magazine. The magazine is now on the newsstands in the south. We have yet to see it, our copies haven't arrived. I will post photos as soon I receive them. It was an exciting venture. Christian found his writers voice while developing his blog (http://www.theracetraitor.blogspot.com/) and has decided to pursue a degree in political science and foreign relations. He is going through the admissions process for Excelsior College. Maceo continues to perform at the community theatre and is now a part of an acting troupe. He performed in Treasure Island and was Prince Chululongkorn in The King and I. He was also a cover model for a local magazine. This was particularly exciting because he had dreamed of doing this very thing. He interviewed with an agent in Tulsa who is very interested in signing him. When not acting Maceo researches technology and creates videos and podcasts. Bishop continues to develop in a more quiet and understated manner. He absorbs an astounding amount of information and knowledge and is adept at incorporating it into his extraordinarily rich inner world. He has been interested in history, particularly that related to war and weaponry. He has taken up archery and nerf and continues his interest in Legos, setting up elaborate scenes and engaging in remarkable battles. Herb is making a place for himself at his new duty station, Ft. Leonard Wood, and I am enjoying having him near the family. As for myself, my year has revolved, very happily, around my family and managing the household. Some of my personal successes include getting the hall/stairwell, laundry room and mud room shelves painted, expanding the garden to include a berry patch, growing and harvesting my loofahs, and losing 20 pounds. A couple of memorable events from the year include visiting family in New Mexico, going to Orlando with Keegan for AMTC, going to Keegan's bridal photo shoot, seeing Keegan and Maceo on the same stage for The King and I, and witnessing Austin's birth. It has been a good year! In anticipation of this next year, God and I have spent some time chatting. He has given me some vision and has called me to achieve some particular things to His glory. I have not been as diligent as I should have in accomplishing these things and I have been convicted that I need to be more zealous in fulfilling this calling. My resolutions are small steps toward the larger vision and they include: diligently track, chart and categorize income and expenditures; complete one home improvement project per month; lose some more poundage; dust off my home management notebook, refresh and utilize (to include updating menus and kids responsibilities); expand the garden, plant only heirlooms and learn to save and store the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment