Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Fun (and a fortieth celebration,too)!


As Herb was away for his birthday, we celebrated his birthday on Father's Day.

I put him to work making part of his own birthday feast - he grilled brisket and made his most fabulous cole slaw. I contributed fresh salsa, corn-on-the-cob and an apple brown betty.


As a special treat, I served these sodas'
I, of course, loved their vintagey feel.
The guys loved their taste.

As the heat was about to melt the birthday boy, we moved inside for apple brown betty a la mode. And Bishop gave Dad some Pop Rocks because his "pop rocks", get it?


The boys had a blast sampling the pop rocks and chasing them with a bit of soda.

Bishop helped Dad assemble his birthday gift - a new grill.


I see a lot more brisket in our future.
Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day, Herb!

No comments:

Post a Comment