Saturday, October 17, 2015

On the Road to Financial Fitness


Oftentimes frugality conjures images of saying "no".  A "no" that is related to deprivation.  "No, I can't go (or I can't do) _________ because I can't or don't want to spend money on that."  But, sometimes, the most thrifty thing to do is to say "yes".  Sometimes saying "yes" is deliberately frugal and at other times it is the pleasant result of having said "yes" to something altogether different.

After a Boy Scout Court of Honor there was root beer leftover.  I was asked to if I wanted it and I said Yes.  Now there are root beer floats in our future.

There was a native plant giveaway in the neighborhood.  I attended and brought home a few new plants.

Bishop and I worked at the food pantry and brought home recently expired canned goods and potatoes that needed to be taken home and used before the next time that the food pantry would be open again.

I have a friend who is a baker and caterer.  Oftentimes she has leftovers that she offers me.  I say Yes and the family is treated to delicious meals or dessert.

A man at church who loves to garden loves to gift our family with fresh vegetables.  I am pleased to say Yes.

I am often offered leftovers from potlucks and, of course, the answer is Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment