Sunday, May 15, 2016

Lifestyle of Learning 2016 Edition: Volume Nine

May 8 - May 14

We have experienced a beyond full, crazy week as we have begun a new adventure.
Let me share it with you...

Sunday:  We began the week with Mother's Day and Artsfest...a great combination.  I got to watch one boy perform while I took in some art with the other.  Perfection!







































Afterwards, the boys played miniature golf with their peeps, Ben and Austin.  Good times!

Monday:  Today was absolutley full with preparations for our temporary relocation(ish) to Tulsa as Maceo has a professional gig there and rehearsals begin tomorrow.  I did a lot of cleaning and I took Bishop to the grocery store allowing him to pick whatever he wanted for his meal preparation throughout the week.  He picked lots of veggies.
Maceo attended acting class.

Tuesday:  Maceo and I bid Bishop adieu and hit the road.  After our arrival we got situated then went to dinner before...

...going to the first rehearsal (4 hours).


Meanwhile, Bishop was busy with some culinary adventures - he created a brussel sprouts with sausage dish.

Wednesday: Maceo and I scoped out a list of the best restaurants in Tulsa and have created a list of places that we must dine at.  We began our culinary adventures by going to Coney I-Lander, a coney joint that has been around since 1926.  Not a bad start.



For dinner we went to Andolini's, a pizza joint with homemade mozzarella.
Fried mozzarella discs.

A really amazing pizza!!!


Bishop tried his hand at making eggplant parmesan.


Doesn't it look amazing?  He said it tasted amazing, as well.  I hope he makes me some when I get home.
Maceo had another 4 hour rehearsal.

Thursday:  Maceo began his day with a one hour vocal lesson.
He joined some fellow cast members for dinner at Hey Mambo, went to the Center of the Universe then went to a 2 1/2 hour rehearsal.

In the meantime, I went to Dilly Diner to try chicken and waffles with honey siracha...
...and strawberry-rhubarb pie.

And Bishop created a new dish - fried cheese tortilla with sausage.
Again, he said it was quite amazing and he must make it for me at some point.


Friday:  Today Maceo and I went to the number one ranked Tulsa BBQ joint, Burn Co.  There was a line out the door but that didn't stop a single person and now we know why - the BBQ is astoundingly good, probably the best restaurant bbq I have ever had.





Afterwards, Maceo took me to the Center of the Universe.  It is quite an anomaly, it is so cool.



While Maceo was in a one hour rehearsal  I hung out at the Guthrie Green.  It is a really cool green space in the heart of the city.

Group swing dance lessons.

Today Bishop grilled ribs with pineapple.


While he was grilling he did a lot of drawing and worked on spray paint techniques (3 hours, at least).

Saturday:  Maceo began his day with a one hour vocal lesson then
Maceo and I had root beer and chili cheeseburgers for lunch at Weber's which has been around since 1933.


After a three hour rehearsal Maceo and I returned to Springfield.  During the drive we listened to the audio book The Man Who Wasn't There:  Investigations into the Strange New Science of the Self by Anil Ananthaswamy (2 3/4 hours).


No comments:

Post a Comment