Saturday, September 30, 2023

Lifestyle of Learning 2023 Edition: Volume 8

 September 16 - 30

"People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering." -St. Augustine 


- I watched some YouTube videos by Jay's Garden Journal on sheet mulching and berms.

- I have been listening to the following podcasts: Bible John: The Creation of a Serial Killer, X22, Witnessed: Devil in the Ditch, Undetermined, Zone 7, LISK, Gone South.

- I read Little Vic by Doris Gates, Left Behind by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins, and Character for Life: An American Heritage by Don Hawkinson.

- I went to a local festival where I viewed cool art, mostly photography, tried apple cider donuts, watch dancers perform original choreography, listened to a guitar playing and singing duo, and watched a couple of local theater troupes perform.


I listened to a lecture by William Potter titled "Sabers, Spears, and Catapults: A Providential History of Warfare Technology."


- I am reading 1984 by George Orwell; Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis; Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenison; A Treasury of Great Poems: English and American by Louis Untermeyer; and Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock.



- I went for a walk at a botanical center. It had a really cool mosaiced sundial. You stand on the month that it is presently and your shadow lands on the time, roughly.

- I took an online  course on Classic Children's Literature, including Beauty and the Beast, The Snow Queen, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland,  Aesop's Fables, The stories of Beatrix Potter and A.A. Milne,  Treasure Island, and The Wind in the Willows. I scored 100% on all quizzes!


- I have been to this botanical gardens many times and had never seen the history walk. This time, I stumbled upon it and thoroughly enjoyed the biographical sketches etched into the stone.






- I am receiving, and am reading, emails from a memoirist who was offering a free online course. I couldn't take the course but I can get the emails read. I am hoping for inspiration and assistance.
- I saw a hawk at the park that I believe may be a broad winged hawk, light morph, immature.

- I listened to a five part lecture series on The Inklings.

-I am utilizing what I learned at the GGOB training to help develop a minigame at work.

- I am using the resources at the Memoir Network. I have begun making a memory list.

-I viewed a production of Peter Pan Jr. as presented by a small community theatre.

- I resumed watching journal related videos and I have done some journaling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment