Sunday, October 8, 2023

An Update on My 23 Hard Things in 2023

 It is time to check and see what progress was made towards my 23 Hard Things in 2023 goals through the month of September.

1) Write 12 snail mail letters. DONE. I completed this goal in June but have continued writing letters. I wrote two in September; one to Mama and one to Keegan. 16/12.

2) Initiate three dates with hubby. DONE. 

3) Purge 1200 items. DONE. I completed this goal in July but still attempt to purge at least 100 items per month. In September I purged 220 items. I'm getting the hang of this! 1890/1200.

4) Read 48 books. DONE. In September, I read 27 books. This does include books of the Bible that I completed. Not including the books of the Bible, I read 7 books in September, for a total of 52/48. Altogether, I have read 118/48.

5) 12 of the 48 books read need to be books that I own. DONE. I completed 7 books from my personal library during September. My new total is 27/12.

6) Have one adventure per month. Hubby and I went on a day trip. We tried a new bbq joint and went to a farmers market and an orchard. I also took a little day trip with my sister. We went to a quilt show and a youth entrepreneur show. We got our house re-piped! That was an adventure!

7) Make and maintain a minimum of six monthly journals. DONE.

8) Make 36 blog entries. I published 5 blog entries in September. 23/36.

9) Repair camera. DONE. Now I need to go on some photo taking expeditions.

10) Repair mandolin and learn to play one song. DONE. I have really enjoyed learning to play a little on the mandolin and have missed not playing over the last couple of weeks. I will focus on getting back to this enjoyable hobby during October.

11) Dance. Some but still not as much as I would like.

12) Learn to tiptoe (move like a child). DONE.

13) Learn to skip (move like a child). Not gracefully but DONE.

14) Do one cartwheel, although a round off will do (move like a child). Nope and I can't even imagine trying just yet. I am getting more comfortable with my ability to move my body but am still nervous about moving in some ways.

15) Remove tree from front yard. DONE. I am hoping to get some more trees removed or trimmed back, if the finances allow it.

16) Repair front porch stairs. DONE. AND we have finally re-piped the house! We have certainly made progress on home maintenance this year!

17) Write a letter to Carole's mother. Written but not sent, still uncertain. 

18) Take vitamins a minimum of 275 days this year. 231/275, need 44/92.

19) Floss teeth a minimum of 275 days this year. 201/275, need 74/92.

20) Track expenditures a minimum of 275 days this year. 252/275, need 23/92.

21) Do not go to Andy's alone. FAIL. I went twice in September. Sigh.

22) Try 15 new smoothie, salad, and vegetarian recipes. I made vegan tacos and have figured out how to make a very satisfying yogurt parfait. 10/15.

23) Complete at least 75% of Balancing the Sword Volume 1. DONE. I completed the book, in its entirety. I will move on to Volume 2 next year.

With the disruptions in my routine, caused by the re-piping and more, I felt less than focused on my goals. However, I still made significant progress. Possibly, I am forming new, and desirable, habits!

No comments:

Post a Comment