Sunday, September 10, 2017

In the past I have written about my love for my city (here and here) but always in the context of its opportunities and offerings - its parks and programs, its libraries and theatres, etc.  Yesterday I crossed something off of my to-do list and in doing so discovered more love for my city.  For years I have been wanting to do a photo walk; I have been wanting to walk around my city and try to capture it on "film".  Yesterday I did just that and I found that I love my city.
I love my city's structures...
...and art, both new...
 ...and old...





 ...and I love my city's history...




...and it's sense of community...


 







 ...and I love how my city has intertwined the new with the old.



 I love how humankind tries to leave an impression...






 ...and how nature seeks to leave its own mark.

 I love that my city has kitsch...
...and delightful quirkiness.



 I love that my city values and promotes art.

 I love its look...

 and its vibe...
 and its lines.



 I just love my city.


No comments:

Post a Comment