Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Welcome to Our Home for the Holidays

Welcome...


to my Christmas open house!


For the most part, I decorated the front porch with items that I typically have on my porch but I added sprigs of evergreen to give it a festive feel.

Now, come on inside and take a peek at the living room.


I bought this vintage aluminum wreath at one of the Christmas open houses I attended; however, when I went to decorate I struggled with where to place it. Then, as I was about to return this frame to my studio for some future project, I had the inspiration to mount the wreath on the frame allowing it to stand on a table by my front door.
I am so glad that I found a way to enjoy this; it would have been a shame to have had to box it up for another year.


I always place my collection of vintage nativities on the mantel.
This "modern" one was a gift from my mom a couple years back,
don't you just dig it?


I made another vignette on my tv armoire.


It's a collection of vintage trees,

crocheted snowflakes my sister, Roxie, made nearly twenty years ago,


vintage books,


and other baubles, as they struck my fancy.


I decorated the larger tree with ornaments of family members that I created

and with paper chains made from old dictionary pages.

Now on to the dining room...


My china cabinet is home to a village of (mostly) vintage houses and kitschy vintage characters


and shiny baubles.


Little vintage things that make me smile with delight each year as I unwrap them.


On the buffet is a collection of blue, white and glittery silver.


Bishop gave me the silver deer a Christmas or two ago and, thus, require an arrangement that highlights them.


The buffet is also home to our advent calendar - a string of white pockets with silver numbers stuffed with candy to to aid us in our countdown to Christmas.


The dining room is also home to our Christmas tree and advent wreath.


It is such a pleasant room full of Christmas treasures and Christmas memories.


I am hoping that you enjoyed this little tour and
another day I will give you a tour of the kitchen.
I am also hoping that your Christmas season full of treasured memories, precious moments, joy and special delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment