Friday, March 14, 2014

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Lest you get to thinking that everything has been all about the kiddos and the things that they want to do I thought I would share with you the play dates that my sisters and I had.  
We did some experimenting with encaustic.

Samantha didn't piddle with wax but she scrapbooked in the glory of our presence. Ha!
Seeking out inspiration.
Making important decisions.
Adhering with the wax.


In progress.
Finished products.
The final evening that Christie was here we opted to do another artful experiment - bleaching paper to be used in other art projects.  It was cold outside so we opted to do this in the warmth of my kitchen.  Next time I will wait until it is warm and I can do it outside - there is a reason why the instructions said to do it in a well ventilated area.  I do think that our efforts were well worth the respiratory trauma.




For the record, I love everything that we did with the kiddos.  I love hikes and history and scientific explorations.  I find them invigorating.  But I also found invigorating the time spent with my sisters, artfully experimenting, creating.  Thanks, girls, it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment