Saturday, March 15, 2014

Last Weeks Frugal Accomplishments



*52 Week Savings Plan:  I have made three deposits to this savings plan in the amounts of $20, $5, and $15 bringing my total to $90!

I began this post a couple of weeks ago and never got it posted.  (Sometimes life just moves so fast - you understand, don't you?)  I have decided to just tack on the information related to these last two weeks and call it good.  So for the 52 week savings plan I deposited $29 and $31; adding $60 to the previous balance for a total of $150.


*Christmas Jar of Change:  I added another $2.00 to our Christmas jar for a new total of $53.54.  Although that total is not entirely accurate.  The week before last I counted up my change, made a notation on a small slip of paper, added the change to the jar, got diverted before making my way to the computer to make a blog entry, lost the scrap with the notation and now I know that my total is not entirely accurate.  I will just consider that a bonus at the end of the year!

The change that I tucked away over the last two weeks equals $11.05 for a new total of $64.59.


*Favorite Frugal Accomplishments:

I have to be honest here,  I have been flying by the seat of my pants and have not been consciously frugal.  I have not even maintained my accountability log, my spending journal.  I have, however, kept all receipts and will do my best to update it soon.  I hope that it will not be too shocking.

The only accomplishment that I can think of to log would have to do with some Christmas gift purchases I made and, boy, did I score.  I had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's and, not wanting to make a trip to the store when I didn't really need something in particular, I went online to scope out their clearance items.  Lo and behold, I found many items that I had looked at purchasing for the kiddos this last Christmas marked down significantly.  I nabbed 22 items for $300, earned $50 Kohl's cash, and will also be getting 6% back through Ebates.  I am so ahead of the game now.  It really pays to approach Christmas gift giving with forethought.

No comments:

Post a Comment