Sunday, January 29, 2017

Lifestyle of Learning 2017 Edition: Volume Four

January 22 - 28

Maceo rehearsed Beauty and the Beast Jr. (9.75 hours).
Bishop made another barbecue sauce.
Bishop learned all the secrets to making Dad's fried chicken and he fried some up for our dinner.
Christian played D and D with his friends.
We stayed abreast of all the football happenings - Falcons/Patriots Super Bowl.
I am researching Route 66 as I hope to plan some adventures for the family to have this year.  Look at this cool list of attractions that I found and this is of particular interest to me, as well.
Maceo rehearsed Seussical with his school touring company (6 1/2).
Maceo lifted weights at the gym (3 1/2).
Maceo had vocal instruction.
Bishop went to his culinary internship where he made a vegetarian chili for a catering job.  He brought some home and it was very yummy although quite different than what we typically make.  Bishop's chili got rave reviews from the guests at the catering job.
Maceo auditioned for a production of Jesus Christ Superstar.  The dance call was very rigorous.


Bishop and I worked at the food pantry for four hours.





We had a bit of an adventure on our street.  OK, we didn't actually have the "adventure"  we merely experienced the aftermath.  I am really not sure how the driver managed to drive up onto a parked car but he did.

Maceo went to troupe and teen players.
Maceo is reading The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway.
I finished reading Tarzan.
Maceo attended a dance masterclass with the cast of the national tour of Cinderella.
Maceo went to callbacks for Jesus Christ Superstar!!!
Bishop went to science group where he studied Mars and even made an edible Mars rover.

Bishop went to pottery lessons.  He glazed his wheel thrown/hand built creation.
Christian taught me quite a bit about reading hangul.


Maceo had a special rehearsal with one of the producers of Youthfest to help prepare him for the show.
Maceo attended preprofessional training acting and vocal production.
Bishop attended youth group and hung out with his friends.
Maceo watched the movie 20th Century Women at our independent theatre.
Christian had Maceo and Bishop play football with his friends.
Bishop, Herb and I went to dinner with some friends at Nakato's then Bishop and I went to hang out with those friends.  I played a lot of Bananagrams and he did a lot of I-don't-know-what (What can I say?  I was busy winning bananagrams!!!)
I enjoyed the sunshine one day and walked around a city garden enjoying the winter scene.










Ahhh,  it's a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment