Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Setting Myself Up for Success

At the beginning of each new year it is customary for me to set myself some goals.  For the year 2017 I am purposing to try something new or make progress in the following areas:  skill development, culinary, household, art or craft, and memory preservation.
You can read about my successes (well, mostly) for each month at the following links:
Over one-third of the year has come and gone and, overall, I am satisfied.  I have completed most of my goals.  April was the first month in which I did not accomplish all the goals that I had set for myself.  I did not accomplish anything in the area of organization, preservation or presentation of family memories.  I want to avoid that this month so I want to think ahead, do a little planning to set myself up for success.
So, here is what I hope to accomplish in the month of June


I have many household related goals for this month.  I hope to continue to make progress on my flower beds.  I need to finish sorting the boy's rooms and prep the attic bedroom for Christian's return.  I will finish sorting the boys clothing and, most importantly, I will remediate the basement.

In the area of art I will be taking a bracelet making class and, also, I will be making a different sort of bracelet with some of Bishop's glass beads.

In regards to organizing, preserving and presenting family memories my intent is to hnag Maceo's show posters and to begin sorting through my photo files and playbills.

I guess my new skill will be learning how to do the mold remediation in the basement.  I have ordered the supplies and now I must get the job done.  I also want to figure out how to mend the gutters.

And finally for the fun stuff...  I want to give these recipes a shot:  Roasted Lavender Honey Chicken , Slow Cooker Tomato, Kale and Quinoa Soup,  and Garlic Cheddar Chive Scones.  I have lavender, thyme, chives, oregano, basil and kale growing in the garden that I can use in these recipes.


It should be a good month!


No comments:

Post a Comment