Sunday, November 13, 2011

From the Kitchen


Autumn is upon us and, though the sky may be clear and the sun may shining brightly, the air is crisp and cool. The days are shorter and the temptation to hibernate has set in.

The desire to partake in comfort foods and warm the kitchen with baking increases at this time. So, I spent the day baking loaves of banana bread.
Warm, delicious, comforting banana bread.

I use a recipe given to me by my mother and I share it with you now.

1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 c flour
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c pecans, optional

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, one at a time. Add bananas. Sift dry ingredients together and stir into batter. If desired, fold in nuts. Bake in a greased loaf pan for about 50 minutes at 350.
The recipe says that the bread will slice more easily on the second day but I cannot confirm that as all bread I bake is devoured quite quickly.
My family likes it warm.
Yummy and comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment