Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's Cold Outside but it's Warm in Here

A cold front has moved in and we are making the most of it.
We are hunkering down in front of a fire,
watching The Great Pumpkin a little belatedly,
and munching on yummy caramel apples.

It is a delightful way to spend any evening,
and especially a cold evening.
It is also a reminder that there are many cold evenings yet to come.
And has me contemplating how best to prepare for the cold, snowy, icy days to come -
you know, those days where you just can't get out of the house or you really just don't want to get out of the house.
I know I need to get my fireplace cleaned out and check my stock of wood but beyond that...
are there special books I can set aside to read on those long cold days? or maybe special games? or possibly some art projects? and how about some special foods tucked away for just that day?
What does your family like to do while hunkering down on those cold days?

No comments:

Post a Comment