Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Ponderings

It has been such a wonderful day. The focus has been on family, we didn't even leave the house at all today. The pace has been slow and steady - watching football, which involves some friendly competition, and preparing food for our Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. Drinking some hot tea by candlelight while assembling the cornbread dressing, I had a moment to really think about those who mean so much to me and to send up prayers for each one. My thoughts went from the older lady at church who, last year, preserved those autumn leaves that are in the candle bowl for me to Keegan, who is preparing her first Thanksgiving dinner without the aid and experience of her mom. My thoughts touched on my mother and father, my siblings, and, of course, my husband and children. I am a richly blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment