Sunday, December 27, 2015

Good Morning... It's Christmas Day!!!

Let me begin by saying that the best possible Christmas gift I could have received was to have the entire family together.  Nothing brings me greater joy!  I didn't think that it would happen this year.  I knew Herb would be home for Christmas as he has returned stateside from Korea and will not need to be in Kansas until mid-January.  I knew that I would have Keegan, and her boyfriend Anthony, as they flew in on the twenty-second.  I didn't think that I would have Christian.  He didn't want us to spend the money to bring him home when we were going to have to get him moved again, this time to Korea, in February.  However, on the the evening of the twenty-second I found him unexpectedly standing in my living room.  I cried, I hugged him.  I cried and hugged him some more.  Then one more time for good measure.  The surprise was perfect!!!!  I now have my entire family with me, I am a blessed woman!!!!!!

So, Christmas morning began with stockings







and then on to the gifts.






















Followed by our traditional holiday buffet.  The buffet began with french toast casserole and little sausages, then morphed into the spread seen below.  We graze all day while enjoying our gifts and playing games...
then we dine together - ham, chutney, macaroni and cheese, asparagus, rolls, and pumpkin pie.  Yum!




It is also traditional for me to take a picture of my family around the dining room table.  I got a little excessive and my family had to let me know!!!  I love it!!!!  Silliness is a good thing!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment