Monday, February 6, 2017

A Pleasant Surprise

Early this morning I had to get Christian to the airport so that he could return to his life in South Korea.  It has been so wonderful to have him home.  And, as usual, it was difficult for me to say goodbye.  After he made it through security he turned and waved goodbye.
After returning his wave I tearfully turned to leave the airport.
 On my way out I stopped by the Sky Gallery (a small art gallery run by our local arts council that is nestled between some baggage carousels) and what I found there was a pleasant surprise, one that dulled  the heartbreak and slowed the tears.  In that gallery I found the art of Carla Stine, such wonderful collages.  Definitely my kind of art and so inspirational!






























Aren't they lovely?
Yes, it was truly a pleasant surprise  and helped lift me out of the doldrums.

Bon Voyage, Christian! (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment